Supervisor - Inpatient Coding
Louisville, KY 40202 US
HIM Inpatient Coding Supervisor - PERM
Client prefers someone in the Eastern/Central time zones
- Salary - $55.8k no experience, depending on experience with a upwards of $86.5k per year
- The Inpatient Coding Supervisor will be responsible for supervisory direction, organizing and coordinating the daily operations of the HIM Inpatient Coding Team in collaboration with the Inpatient Coding Manager to ensure consistent productivity and efficient operations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) and resource to internal departments in the areas of inpatient coding compliance, coding accuracy and integrity and chart analysis.
- Evaluates and takes corrective action when warranted, monitors and assigns tasks and facilitates staff training and development.
- Monitors productivity and ensure compliance with inpatient coding job competencies.
- Oversees all functions of daily inpatient and observation coding operations as needed to assure efficient workflow and timely resolution coding issues.
- Supervises inpatient and observation coders and other assigned staff; facilitates on-the-job training; assists Inpatient Coding Manager with development and implementation coding policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and organizes all inpatient coding operational functions including monthly and annual coding audits, staffing, performance evaluations, staff development, regulatory compliance, productivity monitoring, and coding quality.
- Supports CDI team by identifying potential gaps in clinical documentation for inpatients that could impact reimbursement and payer population.
- Actively participates in department and hospital performance initiatives when needed to ensure success.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in HIM required (RHIT or RHIA)
- Previous experience with 3M HDM/Encoder, Cerner Power Chart, CAC preferred
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in Inpatient coding required.
- RHIA, RHIT, and/or CCS, CIC or CPC-H certified coding credential required.
- 5 years progressive on-the-job Inpatient coding experience coding in a hospital setting required.
- Ideal if they have appeals and education experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Pay & Benefits Options
- Paid Vacation, Sick days, and Holidays
- Free tuition for Part- and Full-time employees for Child/Spouse/Domestic
- Partner 401K with Employer Match
- Opportunities for Advancement